The best young chefs, winemakers and brewers from the Forbes 30 Under 30 list show their stuff amid a giant block party—and compete for the title of America’s best young chef.
The Under 30 Summit will return to Philadelphia from October 4th to 7th, convening more than 2,000 of the planet’s top young entrepreneurs and game-changers, as well as world-class mentors. This year will again feature keynotes and panels, breakouts and pitch contests, as well as our signature evening activities, including the Under 30 Music Festival and the Under 30 Food Festival.
*Agenda subject to change*
Click an item to learn more
Sunday, October 4, 2015
Monday, October 5, 2015
America’s richest self-made woman and youngest female billionaire are the same person: 31-year-old Elizabeth Holmes, who conceived her blood testing company, Theranos, before dropping out at Stanford. It’s now predicted to change medical screening for the world, using a cheap, painless prick – and it’s recently been valued at $9 billion. Holmes’ journey demonstrates the power of new ideas, and for what she’s accomplished so far, she will receive the Forbes Under 30 Doers Award, following last year’s inaugural recipient, Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai.
- Elizabeth Holmes | Founder & Chief Executive Officer , Theranos
- Moderator: Matthew Herper | Senior Editor , Forbes Media
Five brilliant inventors. Five gizmos that will blow your mind. Watch, listen – and buckle up.
At 29, Aaron Levie is already one of America’s great entrepreneurs. From his parents’ attic to a seed investment from Mark Cuban, Levie has built Box into a cloud storage company with the audacity to take on Oracle and Microsoft, gaining almost 40,000 paying corporate customers. Earlier this year, he took Box public -- it’s currently valued at almost $2 billion. What insights has he gleaned from his journey? And what’s next?
- Aaron Levie | Co-Founder, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer , Box
- Moderator: Bruce Upbin | Managing Editor , Forbes Media
Sara Bareilles was a struggling musician when she came up with “Love Song,” and the lyrics that shared her whole life with the world. What followed has been a string of blockbuster hits, all based on the idea that sharing everything translates into authenticity and success. She will be interviewed by the woman who has become a force in the fashion world by opening up her life and tastes in similar ways. A case study in “open kimono” entrepreneurship.
- Sara Bareilles | Singer-Songwriter , Musician
- Moderator: Tavi Gevinson | Editor-in-Chief , Rookie
- Cameron Dallas | YouTube Personality , Vine Star
- Michelle Phan | Make-Up Demonstrator, Entrepreneur , YouTube Personality
(Private sector-specific dinners across the city)
Multiple bars, each with a surprise guest. Prizes for winners who tweet selfies of themselves and all of the surprise guests at all six bars.
Tuesday, October 6, 2015
He was the youngest heavyweight champion ever, the most famous athlete in the world and a celebrity of historic proportions. Then he threw it all away in equally historic ways. Over the past few years, though, Mike Tyson has come back, with a good marriage, an acting career and a one-man show on Broadway and HBO. His story is a gripping and cautionary one.
- Mike Tyson | Former Heavyweight Champion
- Moderator: Danielle Snyder | Co-Founder , Dannijo
- Barbara Bush | Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer , Global Health Corps
Partners Schusterman Family Foundation, Case Foundation, Pratt Foundation, Keywell Foundation and Bob Duggan have joined together to fund the largest ever $1 million global social impact competition for entrepreneurs under the age of 30 to advance solutions that address global challenges. Five semi-finalists will each win $100,000, and the overall winner will receive a $500,000 award. The competition focuses on disruptive and scalable ideas and is open to both for-profit and nonprofit enterprises. This is not a business plan competition – the social entrepreneurs must already be operating; the grants will go to accelerate the most promising ideas.
Tom Lehman & Ilan Zechory | Co-Founders, Genius
Gabe Blanchet & Jamie Byron | Co-Founders, Grove Labs
Gary Bravard & Morgan Hermand-Waiche | Co-Founders, Adore Me
- Moderator: Dr. Ruth Westheimer | Media Personality, Author , Sex Therapist
Wednesday, October 7, 2015
Interested in Attending?
Forbes Under 30 Summit is by invitation only. Attendance is limited in order to maintain an intimate dialogue among all participants.
If you are interested in applying to attend please fill out the form below to request an invitation.
2014 Video Highlights
Philly hosts 30 under 30 5:00
Malala On Peace, Drones and Islam 42:13
Monica Lewinsky On The Internet's Reputation Shredder 25:30
Forbes, Steve Case And Troy Carter Give Away $400K 7:19
Tinder To Add Premium Service In November 3:18
A Conversation With Palmer Luckey, Creator Of Oculus Rift 16:55
How To Build The Next Billion Dollar Startup 16:38
ATT Introduction at the 2014 Under 30 Summit 1:49
Philly hosts 30 under 30
Malala On Peace, Drones and Islam
Monica Lewinsky On The Internet's Reputation Shredder
Forbes, Steve Case And Troy Carter Give Away $400K
Tinder To Add Premium Service In November
A Conversation With Palmer Luckey, Creator Of Oculus Rift
How To Build The Next Billion Dollar Startup
ATT Introduction at the 2014 Under 30 Summit
- For Sponsorship Inquiries:
- Melody Khodaverdian
- Associate Director, Conference Partnerships
- 212.620.2223 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Event Management & Logistics:
- Julieanna Gray
- Event Manager
- 1 (212) 620-2494 | 30Under30@forbes.com
- For Invitation Management/Executive Relations:
- Anastasia Afendikova
- Project Manager, Executive Relations
- 1 (212) 367-4158 | 30Under30@forbes.com
- For Press Inquiries and Press Passes:
- Wendy Furrer Egan
- Senior Director of Editorial Publicity
- (212) 366-8848 | email@example.com
- For Editorial Programming/Speaker Submissions:
- Liz Strozier
- To submit a potential speaker for consideration, please email a bio and any other relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the specific conference in the subject line.
- 1 (212) 367-4111 | email@example.com
General Questions?Please fill out the form below and someone will get in touch with you.